Happy New Year everyone!!! Hope your 2018 is off to a wonderful start. Have you set any new year’s resolutions? Here is my list of ten resolutions for the year:
- Visit 10 hot spots in Ottawa with my friend Hetal
- Be more like my Mom (this may take many years!)
- Get a job I love, pay down debt, be financially savvy
- Complete my Creative Writing Certificate at U of T (it’s my final year!)
- Turn 39 (LOL I have to make sure I achieve at least one of these)
- Travel to a place I haven’t been before
- Take part in Walk In Her Shoes in Ottawa (perhaps Sophie Gregoire will be there again this year?!)
- Read lots of good books
- Dance, smile, and laugh a lot… and learn to let go
- Visit my friends in T.O. as often as possible
Also here are a few foundational things that are important to do on an ongoing basis, that set the stage for accomplishing any goal, and ensuring that I live healthily and happily.
- Eating healthy and cooking lots
- Regular yoga practice
- Spending lots of time in nature
- Facetiming my grandparents
- Lots of laughter!
I’d love to hear your resolutions if you have any!! It’s always easier to get things done with the support of others, and especially knowing that the universe has your back. And finally, even if nothing gets done… there is always rebellion. ;-)
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
This evening I went to the Toronto Yoga Show at the Metro Convention Centre. There was a beautiful energy in the hall, and I was instantly calmed by the smell of incense, chanting from the Hare Krishnas, and seeing the graceful postures of the yogis and yoginis practicing in the central yoga class. I wandered around for a bit, admiring the cotton t-shirts with pictures of Buddhas and Aums and Indian gods and goddesses. Then I went to visit my friend Neesha’s booth. She has a booth with Reshma, Mike, and Zak, and they sell their creations as well as their services. Neesha and Reshma both teach meditation and yoga, Zak is a spiritual healer and all-around badass (she has a t-shirt line called Spiritual Hustler) and Mike is a Qi Gong teacher and energy healer. Here is a pic of Mike at the booth:
While I was there, I ate at Govinda’s (the Hare Krishna restaurant), and listened to the beautiful chanting that calmed my soul. These Hare Krishnas sure know how to lose themselves in the moment!
2016. A new year and exciting opportunities ahead. It was so stressful coming up with these resolutions but I finally have a list!
- Teach my kriya meditation to my friends or whoever is interested, and complete the Shambhavi meditation course
- Complete at least five toastmasters speeches
- Take three Creative Writing Courses at the University of Toronto
- Do my yearly Walk In Her Shoes campaign, this time walking 10 km once each week and blogging about my experiences
- Launch blog, advertise, think of ways to increase visibility
- Help Mom to complete her children’s book
- Take flamenco dancing classes at the Esmeralda Enrique Dance Company
- Speak to a classroom of students about my experiences with anxiety and depression
- Perform at a comedy club and this time actually invite my friends!
- Get my first project management contract either through my own consulting business or through an organization
- Daily kriya meditation (2x/day)
- Body scan meditation (4x/week)
- Yoga (3x/week)
- Eating healthy and cooking lots